Sunday, February 23, 2014

4. Princess Bride


If your parents are like mine then they shared with you movies from their childhood. The Princess Bride is my moms absolute favorite movie. She can quote it on the spot. Just the other day my sister said "Mom, quote the movie from the very beginning." Well, my mom did just that. This classic reovirus contains swords play, an evil prince, a giant who loves to rhyme, a Spanish man trying to avenge his fathers death, a farm boy, a princess, and true love. Princess Buttercup falls inlove with the poor farm boy Wesley. After he leaves to find fortune so he can marry Buttercup, she receives word that he has been killed by the dread pirate Roberts. Years later Peince Humperdink asks for her hand in marriage and she agrees. Then while out one day she's kidnapped by the Brute Squad and then saved by "the man in black" who just so happens to be Wesley. I better stop there or I will tell you the whole movie. So, let me just leave it off with saying my favorite line of the whole movie, "As you wish." I mean who wouldn't love it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment